Last week Mark and I talked with someone in Apple's devtools team about some
of the dependency problems we've seen in our builds.  We have a radar open
with some repro steps, but we got a workaround for what we think we're
seeing.  I just rolled in a GYP change that applies this workaround(*).  If
you see any new cases where a you have to build twice to get everything
rebuilt, please send me an email with what files you edited/changed and the
raw build logs/transcripts of the extra builds so I can try to figure out
what else might be going wrong and needs extra builds to fix.

TVL

(*) - The workaround is to move all actions/rules out of targets that
compile sources.  So you'll see a "foo" target and "foo Support" target,
where the "Support" one has the actions/rules and is depended on by the
target listed in the GYP file.