We have at least some capabilities here since our installer can set some of
these values.  I'm not sure what all the capabilities are.

Make sure you don't get confused by discussions about about:config and
similar.  Generally those are about either "add more prefs" or "add a way to
get at more prefs" (usually both), whereas your request is "some way to set
the defaults for prefs that already exist".  We generally ignore requests
for the former but the latter (what you want) seems reasonable to me.

CCing someone likely to know about this stuff.

PK