On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Berend-Jan Wever <skyli...@chromium.org> wrote:
> It would be nice if we could name all threads, so you know what you're
> looking at.

It would be nice if threads were required to be given a name as part
of creation, perhaps with a central registry to make sure things are
unique.  If this amount of overhead is enough to prevent you from
spinning up a new thread sometimes ... I guess that's a benefit.  If
it's not important enough to register, maybe it's not important enough
to be a thread, and bad thread usage causes a lot of our bugs.

-scott (from chromium.org this time)