But this way will not trigger the file access code (as far as I understand),
since you will start Chrome with an "http://";, which means it is a URL, so
Chrome will not open the file.

And even if they click on the file, it is a ".com" file, not a URL shortcut.

Or maybe I did not understand you correctly.

☆PhistucK