I've traced a source of problems:  including "npfunctions.h".   When I
try to include this header file, compilation goes OK but  the library
does not even want to load anymore (I've got  a load/unload hook for
the .so)

Yes I am getting NPP_Destroy and NP_Shutdown "events" now that I have
traced the problem to "npfunctions.h".

Advice?