No, it should work for images (and things like text/plain). One reason
people frequently want to do this is so that they can improve the
rendering of images, eg by adding a black background or a nice border.

Here is the bug for this in our system. Feel free to star it if you
want to track progress, though it is pretty low priority relative to
other things right now:

http://crbug.com/12082

- a