First I'll say I have been teaching myself Javascript for a short
while now. I do not know nearly enough to be efficient at writing my
own extensions.  I'm forcing my way through learning by tons of trial
and error and modifying the work of others.

After seeing the screenshots of Chrome OS with the chat windows in the
bottom right corner of the browser, I really like this idea.  The only
extension I know of that uses that corner in that way was the Google
Tasks extension.  So I took that, and modified it.

I am new to Google Talk so I didn't know much about it, but from what
I read there's a bunch of documentation on implementing Google Talk
into webpages, and also iGoogle, but nothing at all was mentioned
about creating a Chrome extension out of it.

I replaced the link that was there for Google Tasks with the link that
you use for iGoogle.  It worked right away.... I think.  After some
size refinements, it sat nicely in the corner and came up when I
wanted it to.  I was logged in and everything looked swell.  So I went
on to customizing the theme.  The Tasks extension came with a CSS
sheet that was for, I guess, the background which holds the actual
element, as well as the tab that you see when it's nested.  However,
in order to theme Talk itself, it was a whole other process I couldn't
figure out based off of the information that was there.  Plus, I
wasn't sure if what I was doing was even possible.

It's in a very sloppy state right now, code wise.  I sort of stopped
in the middle of messing around with the animation, and other visuals.

One thing to note, is that the Tasks extension has a full-on Jquery
library included.  I wasn't sure if this was totally necessary.  I
guess it's for the toggle, but I was able to replace the Jquery
animations, with webkit easing, and it looks good, so I didn't know if
there was a way to get rid of JQuery and simplify the whole process.

Without explaining in any more detail, I was wondering if anyone
wanted to take a look at this , and if it's possible, work on it with
me.  I can CSS/webkit like a pro with my eyes closed, I just need help
with the scripting stuff.

I uploaded the file, it's called ChromeTalk.crx.  I'm not quite sure
how to link it here... I'll try html...

ChromeTalk.crx?gda=BJYJn0AAAAAZpobplxsz29bdatxqR7D-
p8BqMOOtwNsnsbeveYN2vvE-P_pSwKkZT-KZNArYdLltxVPdW1gYotyj7-
X7wDON&gsc=1FefzAsAAABEtxWQ9d-o5cTilXoY_QMG">ChromeTalk.crx</a>