Thanks...  Should the pt_BR fallback stuff you mention work in the
latest nightlies?  In the latest nightly (32934), I just tried moving
our extension's _locales/pt_BR/messages.json file to
_locales/pt/messages.json.  I then tried selecting both Portuguese
(Brazil) and Portuguese (Portugual) as my Chromium language, but didn't
see our Portuguese strings either way.

Drew