Hi,

I'm fiddling a bit with a Google Reader alert extension, and as it is
now, when there's no unread articles to notify about, it just shows a
grey icon with no badge text. This was my solution for now, but what I
really want, is for it to actually not show an icon at all, when
there's no unread articles.

I have tried just to unset the icon path and badge text by setting it
to nothing, but then nothing happens. The icon just stays the same.
Am I an a sqaure road? Is it even possible for a BrowserAction
extension to not show a icon?