Well, you can always take your datastructure, convert it to string using
JSON.stringify(...) and store that in a single variable using localStorage.
Then, when you need the data, get the string from localStorage and convert
it back to your datastructure using JSON.parse(...).

Search for JSON to see example usage from our RSS extension sample:
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/test/data/extensions/subscribe_page_action/subscribe.js?revision=32036
There are also some reference pages on the internet on how to use the JSON
object if the sample doesn't make it clear.

--Finnur