Hello guys,
I'm new to developing Chrome Extensions and to this group, so far I've
encountered a difficulty, which I will explain now and If you can help
with that - It will be great, should help me a lot.

I can't find any documentation explaining how to interact with current
opened website.
Let's say right now I'm on www.google.com and this tab/window is
currently focused (selected),
How can access the www.google.com page code through my extension?

Let's say I've included some .html file which has a javascript in it,
I would like it alert me when I type in search field of google.com...

So far I found something like that:
" window.opener.document.getElementById
("content").selectedBrowser.contentDocument"
Does the "content" ID always stays content or it changes somehow?

Thanks in advance.