As I said, no reason why it would not work in Chrome.
By the way, I tried running your code and noticed that you used parentheses
instead of curly brackets after the "if(...)".
This will work (if the element with the specified ID exists in the page, of
course) -
if (document.getElementById ( "save-reco-tags")) *{*
       var recoTags = document.getElementById ( "save-reco-tags");
       recoTags.parentNode.removeChild (recoTags);
   *}*

☆PhistucK