Hi everyone,

Good questions! We really want to help all your extensions be successful,
and the featured section is one way for us to do that (we are planning more
things in 2010!).

Unfortunately we don't accept requests to be featured at this point, as that
would quickly become unmanageable. The best thing to do is:

   - write a great extension
   - make sure your detail page looks really nice (nice icon, good
   description, screenshots, ideally video)
   - promote it independently so that it starts to rise in the rankings

All of these things increase the likelihood that we'll feature your
extension.

Also, over time we hope to rely less and less on manual featuring, and
replace this with automated algorithms to pick up extensions that are small
but gaining popularity.

Hope that clarifies things.
Cheers,

-Nick