On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM, pdknsk <pdk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I noticed this in the description of a popular extension.
>
> Important: AdThwart does not actually access your history and private
> data!
>
> That warning is generated by Chrome for all extensions that interact
> with browser tabs, whether or not they access any private data.
> AdThwart cannot prevent this message from being displayed.

I think this kind of thing is OK. It is up to users to decide whether
to trust a developer or what they claim they do or not do, just like
how with web applications many apps say "we don't share your email
with anyone".

Google Chrome's responsibility is only to share with users what really
can and can't happen.

- a