I am trying to make a popup appear using the iBox javascript. When I
tested on my machine using a simple html (called "test.html"), it
worked fine. However, when I used the same call in my Chrome extension

document.addEventListener('keydown', function(e){
 if (e.keyCode == 81 && e.altKey && !e.shiftKey && e.ctrlKey) {
  iBox.showURL('search.html');
 }
}, false);

I receive this error

There was an error loading the document.

I've also tried replacing iBox.showURL('search.html'); with
iBox.showURL(chrome.extension.getURL('search.html')); with no success.
I get the same error.

Oh, and search.html is the same html I use for my popup right now. I'd
like to get rid of it so that I can make room for a popup in the
address bar instead of the main bar.

Has anyone received this error or knows what to do in this case?