Heh, I just installed the first auto-update enabled version to make sure, hit
"check for updates" and it went straight to 0.3.9 and with another click to
1.0, so it was probably some transient problem yesterday.

Thanks! :-)

From: PhistucK
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:50 PM
To: jachymko
Cc: Chromium-extensions
Subject: Re: [chromium-extensions] Problem migrating extension to Gallery

Are you sure that up until now users were getting updates? (just checking)

☆PhistucK

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 20:23, jachymko <jachy...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hi, I'm trying to migrate my extension (
  https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/lojpenhmoajbiciapkjkiekmobleogjc/
  ) to the Gallery.

  First, I bumped the version number to 1.0, removed the update_url and
  published that version to the Gallery.
  Then I created a 0.9 version, set the update_url to "http://
  clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx", packaged and uploaded it to
  the code.google.com project site like all versions before.
  After that I modified the old update manifest (stored in SVN) to point
  to the 0.9 version, just like always.

  Unfortunately, when I install the previous version (0.3.5) and click
  on "update now", nothing happens. Does Chromium create any sort of log
  of this operation?

  I also tried different version numbers, 0.3.999 and 0.3.9. I verified
  that the IDs match. When I install the new 0.3.9 version, it
  automatically updates to the 1.0 hosted in the Gallery.

  Any ideas? I'm using chrome-win32-34559, if that matters. I'm sure
  it's something really stupid on my part, but I'm really out of ideas
  by now.

  The extension:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/lojpenhmoajbiciapkjkiekmobleogjc/
  The migration build: