It isn't a lot of work, whatever you can do with GreaseMonkey, you can do
almost all of it with Chrome. There are many extensions in the gallery that
extend Gmail by simply using Content-Scripts.

http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/content_scripts.html
<http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/content_scripts.html>
-Mohamed Mansour