Thanks for your suggestion, PhistucK. It helps but it's not quite
there. The problem is that I need to handle several responses, so in
GetResponseAndAct() I need to determine which response I'm receiving,
store it in a variable and move the server declaration outside the
function. How do I interrogate GetResponseAndAct for the response?