Another limitation of your approach is that if you set the
run_at="document_start" then you won't have the DOM available to
attach listeners or to add values to DOM elements to be used as
"flags".
If the running time is at document_end or document_idle (default) then
your DOM will be available but the scripts of the web site will be
already loaded. You can't prevent that.

Ernest