*Here is the problem (manually go to this URL after you have visited the
website in the subject) -*
*chrome://net-internals/view-cache/http://news.ycombinator.com/rss*
*
*
*This is what it shows here -*
*

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

*
*

*
*

Cache-Control: max-age=0

*

*Its content type is wrong (text/html, should be text/xml) whereas the
content type of the reddit RSS is right -*
chrome://net-internals/view-cache/http://www.reddit.com/.rss
*
*
This is what it shows here -
*

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

*
*

*
*

*
*

*
*

Server: FriendFeedServer/0.1

*
*

Vary: Accept-Encoding

*
*

*
*

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:04:33 GMT

*
*
*
*So the wrong behavior is of the server of the aforementioned website, not
Chrome. You could file a bug (after searching for similar issues) regarding
the fact that Chrome not identifying the real content type, despite its
content type response header, but I doubt they will look at it (or look at
it quickly).*
*
*
☆PhistucK