On Nov 28 2009, 5:11 pm, Aaron Boodman <a...@google.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I think we already have things setup so that multiple processes
> can access local storage synchronously (note that behind the scenes
> this implies a global lock).
>
> We would just need to make it so that access from a content script
> acesses the extensions' local storage, not the page's.

A big +1 for this from me -- AdBlock would love to hide known ads via
CSS at document_start, but by the time the content script has fetched
the user's ad filters from the background page, the document has begun
to load, so the ads can flash into existence for a moment.

Any idea what chance we have of this becoming a reality?

- Michael