I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but I
cannot find another place. Google can be very incognito when it comes
to contacting them :)

Anyway, my google username is in the form of an email address (I don't
use gmail etc). When I publish an extension it will show my username
on the extension page which means that, in my case, my email address
will be shown, or exposed if you want.

Is there a way to hide my email address and show a nick name instead?
I don't want my email address to get picked up by spam bots and I
would much rather have users contact me via a form or by forum
regarding questions they have than sending me emails directly.

A feature like this would be very nice.