I second adding onClick to the tab API.  I think onClick provides a
different function.  Specifically, it would be helpful to be able to
detect when the active/selected tab is clicked.  onSelectionChanged
will not fire in that situation.

I am interested in developing an extension that would let you click
the selected tab to take you to the previously selected tab.  As far
as I can tell, having an onClick event is the only way to do this.