On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Petty <m...@paulgriffinpetty.com> wrote:
> I have anextension in which I's like to grab HTML, etc. from a view-
> source: URL:
>
> E.G. view-source:http://google.com
>
> I tried adding view-source: to permissions in my manifest (a couple
> different ways):
>
>  "permissions": [
>    "tabs", "http://*/*";, "https://*/*";, "view-source:http://*/*";,
> "view-source:https://*/*";, "view-source:*", "view-source:"
>  ],
>
> ... anyone figure this out?

Hey Petty, content scripts will run against "view-source:" URLs. You
don't need to do anything special -- just specify the "http://*/*"; and
"https://*/*"; match patterns, assuming those are the URLs you want.

But getting the original HTML from "view-source:" pages won't be
trivial because they're heavily marked up for syntax highlighting.
Instead of relying on a page's corresponding "view-source:" page,
you'd be better off running something like
"document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].innerHTML" on the page
itself if possible.