For the life of me, and can't get a simple test alert box to show up.
I want to tool around with pages on Flickr.com for example, and to
test some things I want to pop up an alert box when the page is done
someone could clarify things for me?

My manifest.json only has a "matches" and "js" section under
"content_script":
{
        "name": "Testing",
        "version": "1.0",
        "description": "TEST",
        "content_script": [
                {
                        "matches": ["http://www.flickr.com/*";],
                        "js": ["pat.js"]
                }

        ]
}

I thought this would be enough to inject my js into the page.  The
pat.js file contains only an alert:

alert("test");

But this doesn't ever seem to fire.  Could anyone help me grasp flow
by maybe posting an example here?  I appreciate the help!

pat