What I mean that if you have features in your extension (like the
locales) who are not yet supported by the version of Chrome you are
using what will happen? Will the extension not update and/or install?
Will it give a warning?
I am writing a extension using new features who are not yet supported
in the beta of the Linux version of Chrome (yet it does support
extensions).
I already found out that you can use a "minimum_chrome_version": in
your manifest but I was still able to install the extension via Load
unpacked extension in the developer mode while I had set the
minimum_chrome_version to a newer version then I am using.
So my question is. What if I update my existing plugin within the
developer dashboard at the Google Chrome extension gallery? Will it
just ignore the update? Are users able to install the old version if
the new one is not supported at their version?