Thanks for your question.

Just to make sure I understand, are you trying to find the
programmatic equivalent of tearing an existing tab off of a browser
window into it's own window?

If so, I've created a bug report here:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list?thanks=32607&ts=1263929945

You can star this issue to be notified of it's status.

Cheers
Rafael