Note that simply uploading a new file won't automatically republish your
extension - you have to manually click the "publish" button in the
bottom-right hand corner of your extension admin page.  There's currently a
bug in the gallery which will increment your extension version number even
if you haven't published the new version, which trips up some people.

Otherwise, try clicking "unpublish" and then "publish" in the links next to
your extension on
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/developer/dashboardto see if that
triggers the update.

~Arne