In testing macOS Big Sur, I am finding that chronyd has been broken by Apples
aggressive use of their (undocumented) timed daemon.

Even when automatic updating is disabled in the Date&Time control panel, timed
will still make adjustments to the system clock, adding spurious offsets of up
to 0.5 secs. It appears to be doing based on some internal idea of the current
time - it is not sending any packets to port 123

I have been unable to find a way of preventing timed from launching as it is
under the control of System Integrity Protection (SIP). Disabling SIP is NOT an
option.

I have submitted a 'Feedback' report to Apple about this, but they are
notoriously unresponsive. If anyone on the list is able to suggest a workaround
I'd be most grateful.

Bryan Christianson
br...@whatroute.net