On Mon, Sep 02, 2024 at 12:48:42PM +0200, Ede Wolf wrote:
> I need to specify a key for the systems I am serving to, however, the local
> directrive has no key option available.

A server cannot force clients to use a key. The key needs to be
specified on the client side.

> And a global option, similar to "trustedkey 5" in ntpd.conf, for those who
> are also familiar with ntpd, seems also not available.

All keys in the chrony key file are trusted. Unlike with ntpd, there
is no way to trust only a subset of them.

chrony and ntpd should interoperate in both client-server directions.

> So if I want to require, let's say key 5 for internal clients, what would be
> the proper way to archive this?

Specify it in the server directive in the client's config.

--
Miroslav Lichvar