Greece was not entirely a bad decision.  After all, the Greeks had not only
held the Italians but thrown them back into Albania.  It might have been hoped
that with British support, the Greeks could have held out longer against
Germany.

The campaign I question is Crete.  After the fall of the Greek mainland, Crete
was no longer defensible, requiring the RAF to be withdrawn.  Unlike Malta or
Singapore, did Crete fulfill and strategic need in the Eastern Mediterranean?