This is absolutely RIDICULOUS.   When I first read the Churchill quote in
question a few years ago, I was struck by WSC's prescience.  In some ways,
he was right--especially when it comes to the more radical Islamists, who
want to impose their Sharia law over English/British Common Law.

To jail someone (even a politician) for views that some consider non-PC is
insane.   Isn't that what places like Hyde Park Corner are set up for: to
give those with unpopular views a forum?   Granted, this politician wasn't
there, but he should be allowed to express such views aloud.

My two US cents.....