Hi,

If you are in or near St. Louis, Missouri, you should go see the exhibit of
Churchill's paintings at the Kemper Art Museum on the Washington University
campus.  There are 46 paintings, ranging from 1915 to 1955.  As with any art
exhibit, seeing the paintings in person is much more impressive than any
catalog or reproduction can convey.  There are 15 paintings on loan from
Chartwell, which I haven't yet visited so enjoyed seeing very much.  Equally
so, there are 12 paintings from private collections, so this is a rare
opportunity to see them.  Also, not mentioned in the announcement in the
Chartwell Bulletin was Churchill's Bust of Oscar Nemon, his only sculpture.
I think my favorites were "Tapestries at Blenheim Palace" (the artistry but
also the family connection), the "Tower of Katoubia Mosque" (because I happen
to be reading about the Casablanca Conference in the Official Biography) and
"Bottlescape," for the humor of the piece and the story the curator relates
about it.

Enjoy it if you get the chance.
Evan

p.s.  There is also a WWI exhibit which I did not have a chance to see.