I saw the new movie, A United Kingdom, and it also trys to paint Churchill as a
bad guy. It's the story of Seretse Khama and the British Protectorate,
Bechuanaland in Africa.  Khama was a member of the Bechuanaland royal family
and heir to the throne. After studying in England, he meets and marries a
British woman, Ruth Williams. The South African government adopting apartheid
was very much troubled by the interracial marriage and pressed the Atllee
government to exile Khama which they did. Churchill is not a character in the
film, but we are told that he supports Khama and will restore him if
Churchill's party wins the 1951 election. Of course Churchill does return as
PM, but now we are told he will not return Khama as promised. The movie as
usual compresses history and tells us at best a version of the truth.
I am wondering if the Churchill part of the story is accurate.
Parker Lee
Richmond, VA

Sent from my iPad