I used Roy Howell's book among some 50 others including Browne, Colville,
Soames, Sandys, Young Winston, Gilbert, et al while working on my novel,
Churchill's Cat: A Feline Remembrance. I made use of mostly primary sources
to cover Churchill's last two years. Howells had his mistakes such as
saying Churchill got Jock in 1964. Of course, I also found Martin Gilbert
had some errors, too (had TE Lawrence visiting Chartwell in 1936--Lawrence
died in 1935). Howell's was a dedicated nurse and like Anthony Montague
Browne had to endure Churchill at his worse. Both were amazingly kind and
compassionate to Sir Winston. They helped the elder statesman to transition
from this life to the next. Along with Jock the cat, their service was well
beyond the call of duty.

Larry Kryske
la...@yourfinesthour.com

Author of:
Churchill's Cat: A Feline Remembrance
Churchill Without Blood, Sweat, or Tears: Applying His Methods for Today's
Leaders
The Churchill Factors: Creating Your Finest Hour
Ready, Begin! Practical Strategies for Cultivating Courage