--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], smee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
Minority
> Grps. mailing list')
> Subject: Campaign To Impeach Bush!

  The
> National Campaign to Impeach President George W. Bush
> by
> Professor Francis A. Boyle
> Author, Destroying World Order (Clarity Press:  2004)
> Since the U.S. Supreme Court's installation of George W. Bush as
President in
> January of 2001, the peoples of the world have witnessed a
government in the
> United States of America that  demonstrates little if any respect
for
> fundamental considerations of international law, international
organizations,
> and human rights, let alone appreciation of the requirements for
maintaining
> international peace and security. What the world has watched
instead is a
> comprehensive and malicious assault upon the integrity of the
international
> legal order by a group of men and women who are thoroughly
Machiavellian in
> their perception of international relations and in their conduct of
both
> foreign policy and domestic affairs. This is not simply a question
of giving
> or withholding the benefit of the doubt when it comes to
complicated matters
> of foreign affairs and defense policies to a U.S. government
charged with the
> security of both its own citizens and those of its allies in
Europe, the
> Western Hemisphere, and the Pacific. Rather, the Bush Jr.
administration's
> foreign policies represent a gross deviation from those basic rules
of
> international deportment and civilized behavior that the United
States
> government had traditionally played the pioneer role in promoting
for the
> entire world community. Even more seriously, in many instances
specific
> components of the Bush Jr. administration's foreign policies
constitute
> ongoing criminal activity under well-recognized principles of both
> international law and U.S. domestic law, and in particular the
Nuremberg
> Charter, the Nuremberg Judgment, and the Nuremberg Principles.
> Depending upon the substantive issues involved, those international
crimes
> typically include but are not limited to the Nuremberg offenses of
crimes
> against peace, crimes against humanity and war crimes, as well as
grave
> breaches of the Four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and the 1907 Hague
Regulations
> on land warfare, torture, disappearances, and assassinations. In
addition,
> various members of the Bush Jr. administration committed numerous
inchoate
> crimes incidental to these substantive offenses that under the
Nuremberg
> Charter, Judgment, and  Principles were international crimes in
their own
> right: viz., planning, preparation, solicitation, incitement,
conspiracy,
> complicity, attempt, aiding and abetting, etc. Of course the great
irony of
> today's situation is that six decades ago at Nuremberg,
representatives of the
> U.S. government participated in the prosecution, punishment and
execution of
> Nazi government officials for committing some of the same types of
heinous
> international crimes that members of the Bush Jr. administration
currently
> inflict upon people all around the world. To be sure, I personally
oppose the
> imposition of capital punishment upon any person for any reason no
matter how
> monstrous their crimes: Bush Jr., Tony Blair, Saddam Hussein,
Slobodan
> Milosevic, Vladimir Putin, Ariel Sharon, my former client John
Wayne Gacy,
> etc.
> Furthermore, according to basic principles of international
criminal law, all
> high-level civilian officials and military officers in the U.S.
government who
> either knew or should have known that soldiers or civilians under
their
> control committed or were about to commit international crimes, and
failed to
> take the measures necessary to stop them, or to punish them, or
both, are
> likewise personally responsible for the commission of international
crimes.
> This category of officialdom who actually knew or at least should
have known
> of the commission of such substantive or inchoate international
crimes under
> their jurisdiction and failed to do anything about it typically
includes the
> Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, Director of Central
Intelligence,
> the National Security Adviser, the Attorney General, the Pentagon's
Joint
> Chiefs of Staff and regional CINCs, and presumably the President
and Vice
> President. These U.S. government officials and their immediate
subordinates,
> among others, were personally responsible for the commission or at
least
> complicity in the commission of crimes against peace, crimes
against humanity,
> and war crimes as specified by the Nuremberg Charter, Judgment, and
Principles
> - at a minimum.  In international legal terms, the Bush Jr.
administration
> itself should be viewed as constituting an ongoing criminal
conspiracy under
> international criminal law.
> Consequently, on Tuesday 11 March 2003, with the Bush Jr.
administration's war
> of aggression against Iraq staring the American People, Congress
and Republic
> in their face, Congressman John Conyers of Michigan, the Ranking
Member of the
> House Judiciary Committee (which has jurisdiction over Bills of
Impeachment),
> convened an emergency meeting of forty or more of his top advisors,
most of
> whom were lawyers.  The purpose of the meeting was to discuss and
debate
> immediately putting into the U.S. House of Representatives Bills of
> Impeachment against President Bush Jr., Vice President Dick Cheney,
Secretary
> of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, and then Attorney General John Ashcroft
in order
> to head off the impending war.  Congressman Conyers kindly
requested that
> Ramsey Clark and I come to the meeting in order to argue the case
for
> impeachment.
> This impeachment debate lasted for two hours.  It was presided over
by
> Congressman Conyers, who quite correctly did not tip his hand one
way or the
> other on the merits of impeachment.  He simply moderated the debate
between
> Clark and I, on the one side, favoring immediately filing Bills of
Impeachment
> against Bush Jr. et al. to stop the threatened war, and almost
everyone else
> there who were against impeachment for partisan political reasons.
Obviously
> no point would be served here by attempting to digest a two-hour-
long vigorous
> debate among a group of well-trained lawyers on such a
controversial matter at
> this critical moment in American history.  But at the time I was
struck by the
> fact that this momentous debate was conducted at a private office
right down
> the street from the White House on the eve of war.
> Suffice it to say that most of the "experts" there opposed
impeachment not on
> the basis of enforcing the Constitution and the Rule of Law, whether
> international or domestic, but on the political grounds that it
might hurt the
> Democratic Party effort to get their presidential candidate elected
in the
> year 2004.  As a political independent, I did not argue that
point.  Rather, I
> argued the merits of impeaching Bush Jr., Cheney, Rumsfeld, and
Ashcroft under
> the United States Constitution, U.S. federal laws, U.S. treaties
and other
> international agreements to which the United States is a party,
etc.  Article
> VI of the U.S. Constitution provides that treaties "shall be the
supreme Law
> of the Land."  This so-called Supremacy Clause of the U.S.
Constitution also
> applies to international executive agreements concluded under the
auspices of
> the U.S. President such as the 1945 Nuremberg Charter.
> Congressman Conyers was so kind as to allow me the closing argument
in the
> debate.  Briefly put, the concluding point I chose to make was
historical:
> The Athenians lost their democracy.  The Romans lost their
Republic.  And if
> we Americans did not act now we could lose our Republic!  The
United States of
> America is not immune to the laws of history!
> After two hours of most vigorous debate among those in attendance,
the meeting
> adjourned with second revised draft Bills of Impeachment sitting on
the table.
> Certainly, if the U.S. House of Representatives can impeach
President Clinton
> for sex and lying about sex, then a fortiori the House can, should,
and must
> impeach President Bush Jr. for war, lying about war, and
threatening more
> wars.  All that is needed is for one Member of Congress with
courage,
> integrity, principles and a safe seat to file these currently
amended draft
> Bills of Impeachment against Bush Jr., Cheney, Rumsfeld, and now
Attorney
> General Albert Gonzales, who bears personal criminal responsibility
for the
> Bush Jr. administration torture scandal.  Failing this, the
alternative is
> likely to be an American Empire abroad, a U.S. police state at
home, and
> continuing wars of aggression to sustain both-along the lines of
George
> Orwell's classic novel 1984.  Despite all of the serious flaws
demonstrated by
> successive United States governments that this author has amply
documented
> elsewhere during the past quarter century as a Professor of Law,
the truth of
> the matter is that America is still the oldest Republic in the
world today.
> "We the People of the United States" must fight to keep it that way!

--- End forwarded message ---

Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/vseplB/TM