Title: MTWT GOLD STAR OFFICER Karen Jones

MTWT GOLD STAR OFFICER
http://www.angelfire.com/oz/today/lawteygoldstar.html

As my mentor, Richard 'Dick' Korn, always said, "If a convict is wrong, a good officer will stand up to him.  If a convict is right, a good officer will stand up for him.  And a good officer will never, ever give a convict a bum rap."

C/O Karen Jones is one such officer.

Karen has been employed with the the Florida Department of 'Corrections' since she began the difficult job of C/O at
Union CI
on 10-11-96.

She voluntarily transferred to
Lawtey C.I in 10-30-98. As happens so often in the department, effective 12-02-02, she was involuntarily transferred to Baker C.I..

Karen had a bad Workers Compensation Accident at Baker C.I on 2/6/03 and was then involuntarily transferred to
Reception & Medical Center [aka RMC and Butler] on 10/03. She currently remains an officer at RMC in Lake Butler, FL.

Karen is known by staff and inmates as a by-the-book officer with a reputation for fairness, firmness and no nonsense with the inmates. She has been a good employee but because some of her fellow officers lack the same dignity and professionalism, and the administration chose to ignore the illegal behavior of some of their male officers, Karen, along with several other female C/Os, has had to file a Sexual Harassment lawsuit against the Florida Department of 'Corrections' while she worked at Lawtey..

Karen Jones is an exceptionally courageous correctional officer. Despite the justified fears all officers have about reporting inappropriate or illegal behavior of fellow officers, Karin continues to bravely go in to work every day.

In our efforts to bring prisons up to standard we certainly need people like Karen Jones, officers who have the spirit to stand firm for what they believe.

Wanda Valdes and I are asking everyone to stand behind officers like Mrs. Jones.  Let them know we deeply appreciate those professional correctional officers who do their jobs with dignity and honor and insist that others do the same.
Kay Lee

The Sexual Harassment Lawsuit
http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/fci/lawteylawsuit.html