Ukrainian 2006 election: the game for the USA and Russia
18:17 17.11.2005

Russian Federation’s intrusion into the course of the parliamentary election in Ukraine is unavoidable, considers the director of the European Institute of Integration and Development, known political scientist Dmytro Vydrin. ForUm announced that.

“External intrusion in more or less hidden forms always was, is and will be. The election never happens without intrusion of the third party in a certain way. Either intellectually assisting certain forces or financially assisting through grants and technical aid. In our case the intrusion, however indirect, is unavoidable,” said the political scientist.

According to Vydrin, “Russia currently applies their new strategy: they work not with contenders but with the winners”. “Therefore our northern neighbor will pay attention to all potential future winners. The talks are conducted with all potential winners. Finally, Russia will be involved into the big game with those who finally win. The strategy is changed radically. Previously Russia tried to play with contenders, now only with the winners,” said the political scientist, and added that “apart of Russia, all countries of Europe having sympathies of their own will be intruding the election”. “Therefore, there will be the intensive attention from the EU, first of all, Germany, and, certainly, from the States. Large players are playing geopolitics, and there are quite few of them: Russia, USA and Europe. There are no more players of such a scale,” considers Vydrin.

The BYuT fraction member MP Andriy Shkil stated the following: “I think there will be intrusion to the election, including the ones from Russia. I hope, they will be within the allowed limits, without direct impact on the result, however no one doubts that they will take place. I consider that the experience from the previous election made the agitators of the professional intrusion learn to react on initiants more adequately.”

According to the MP, he does not see “an atmosphere of supporting NSNU or BYuT coming from Russia about which some experts say, but the fact that Russian officials’ attitude toward Ukraine became much more loyal is non-doubtful.”

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS