It's About A Lot More Than A "Goddamned Piece of Paper"
Bush Remark Reiterates Arrogant Globalist/Neocon "Crazies" Insane Lust For New
World
Order Prevalence And Power

Steve Watson | December 12 2005

"Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to
meet with
President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot
Act,"
writes Doug Thompson for Capitol Hill Blue. "GOP leaders told Bush that his
hardcore push
to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate
conservatives still
mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel
Harriet
Miers to the Supreme Court." Thompson reports the following exchange:

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the
Commander-in-Chief.
Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the
provisions in
this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a
goddamned
piece of paper!"

"I've talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all
confirm that the
President of the United States called the Constitution 'a goddamned piece of
paper.'"
Thompson comments

This is just the latest remark in a long history of arrogant Neocon speak to
highlight the
fact that they have no respect for America or its population. The fact that
Bush's remarks
were so off the cuff yet viciously delivered reminds us of how and why the
Neoconservative
clan, who were just getting a foothold during the first year of the Regan
administration,
through their actions and incessant saber-rattling garnered the nickname 'the
crazies' by
more moderate policy makers under the first Bush presidency. Colin Powell, an
establishment underling through and through, would go one further, calling them
"fucking
crazies" during the buildup to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

For the President of the United States to verbally wipe the floor with the
Constitution and
curse it in the way Bush has and it go virtually unreported serves as an
indication of the
threat America is facing today from an Elite power structure that cares nothing
for the
country it has usurped and is hell bent on centralizing power globally and
undermining the
principles America was founded on.

The US is a Constitutional Republic, yet to Bush's handlers, the globalist
Neocons, that is
not part of the agenda. In an entirely Orwellian fashion they have attempted to
change the
meaning of "Democracy" and adopt it as a form of governance to fit their
agenda. The
word democracy originates from three Greek words meaning "the people", "to
rule," and
the suffix ía; the term therefore means "rule by the people" by which is meant
rule by the
majority.

The framers of the U.S. Constitution were notably cognizant of what they
perceived as a
danger of majority rule in oppressing freedom of the individual or "Tyranny of
the
majority". For example, James Madison, in Federalist Paper No. 10 advocates a
republic
over a democracy precisely to protect the individual from the majority.
However, at the
same time, the framers carefully created democratic institutions and major open
society
reforms within the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. They kept what they
believed were
the best elements of democracy, but mitigated by a balance of power and a
layered federal
structure.

So the word "democracy" refers solely to direct democracy, whilst a
representative
democracy where representatives of the people govern in accordance with a
constitution is
a Republic.

The Neocons have adopted the word Democracy and attached their world view to
it. This
as we have previously exposed is a Straussian world view - after Leo Strauss,
who arrived
in the US in 1938 and taught at several major universities before his death in
1973.

Strauss was a German Jewish political philosopher whose views were elitist,
amoral and
hostile to representative democratic government. Strauss, as revealed in a
major New
Yorker article by legendary investigative reporter Seymour Hersh, believed the
world to be
a place where "isolated liberal democracies live in constant danger from
hostile elements
abroad", and where policy advisers may have to deceive their own publics and
even their
rulers in order to "protect" their countries.

Shadia Drury, author of 1999's Leo Strauss and the American Right, commented
that Hersh
was correct on the second point but wrong on the first, insisting that "Strauss
was neither
a liberal nor a democrat." She goes on to comment that "Perpetual deception of
the
citizens by those in power is critical because they need to be led, and they
need strong
rulers to tell them what's good for them."

Like Plato, Strauss taught that within societies, "some are fit to lead, and
others to be led",
according to Drury. But, unlike Plato, who believed that leaders had to be
people with such
high moral standards that they could resist the temptations of power, Strauss
thought that
"those who are fit to rule are those who realize there is no morality and that
there is only
one natural right, the right of the superior to rule over the inferior".

We have previously exposed how many major players in the Bush Administration
and
leading Neoconservative think tanks are followers of Strauss. Former Deputy
Defense
Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, Weekly Standard chief editor William Kristol, His
father Irving,
and Gary Schmitt, founder, chairman and director of the Project for the New
American
Century (PNAC). Also on the books of PNAC, prior to the 2000 election were Dick
Cheney,
Jeb Bush and Donald Rumsfeld as well as former defense Policy Board chairman
Richard
Perle. Other luminaries included Jon Bolton, now Ambassador to the UN and
Scooter Libby,
soon to be in Prison.

Also present was the darling of many Western academic institutions Francis
Fukuyama
who's "End of History" antics had gained him loving praise from the Straussian
Neocons
and got him into the State Department. Fukuyama says that we have reached "the
end
point of mankind's ideological evolution" and believes in "the universalization
of western
liberal democracy as the final form of human government." This is perfect for
the Neocon
Globalists because it means they can justify "protecting" this "perfect" end
point of
mankind's evolution and it's global spread at ANY cost. Fukuyama was a staple
of my
International Relations MA 2 years ago and is so now in institutions all over
the Western
world.

The PNAC way of thinking has been implemented almost to the book since 9/11.
However,
their flagship document, Rebuilding America's Defenses noted that in order to
go ahead
with their strategy their would have to be some kind of pivotal event that
would unite the
American people behind the Government. This was referred to as "a new Pearl
Harbor" and
came to pass on September 11 2001.

Leo Strauss was also a strong believer in the "Realism" form of International
Relations
made prominent by Thomas Hobbes. Like Hobbes, he thought that human nature was
intrinsically aggressive and could be restrained only through a State formed
via a powerful
military industrial complex . "Because mankind is intrinsically wicked, he has
to be
governed," he once wrote. "Such governance can only be established, however,
when men
are united - and they can only be united against other people."

"Strauss thinks that a political order can be stable only if it is united by an
external threat,"
Drury wrote in her book. "Following Machiavelli, he maintains that if no
external threat
exists, then one has to be manufactured. This is what Henry Kissinger was
referring to in
that often quoted statement he made about creating external future threats in
order to
guard the world order he wishes to see become more prevalent and powerful, the
system
we often refer to as the "New World Order". Thus for the Neocons, when the
Soviet Empire
weakened and a Unipolar world order was emerging, a new threat had to be there
lurking
to allow them to further their Straussian vision.

"In Strauss' view, you have to fight all the time [to survive]," said Drury.
"In that respect, it's
very Spartan. Peace leads to decadence. Perpetual war, not perpetual peace, is
what
Straussians believe in." Such views naturally lead to an "aggressive,
belligerent foreign
policy", she added.

The BBC earlier this year aired a series of documentaries that went some way to
explaining
the rise of the Neocon movement out of Straussian Philosophy. It was entitled
the Power of
Nightmares and concluded that the War On Terror is a complete fraud and Al
Qaeda is a
largely manufactured threat as part of the agenda to scare people into
accepting the
Neocon vision of the New World Order. You can watch all three parts by clicking
here

This is how "crazy" the Neoconservative view is. It is a deeply pessimistic
world view and
they are constantly trying to make it a reality. They actually really believe
that life on this
planet is simply about death, destruction and gaining total Global Power over
any other
way of existence. In the early years of the Regan Administration, before the
term Neocon
was even coined these people were emerging. Witness Regan Pentagon adviser and
former
State Department and National Security Council man Michael Ledeen, who is
quoted as
saying : "Americans believe that peace is normal, but that's not true. Life
isn't like that.
Peace is abnormal."
In an influential essay in the National Review Online he asserts, "Creative
destruction is our
middle name. We do it automatically ... it is time once again to export the
democratic
revolution."

All you have to do to predict where things are headed next is read the
documents and
policy reports that they put out. You don't even have to read into them if you
don't want
to. For example Michael Ledeen's last book was entitled Time to Focus on Iran
-- The
Mother of Modern Terrorism.

These people are indeed "fucking crazy". They can see no other future for this
planet than
continual total complete and unequivocal war and destruction in the name of
"security" for
their own twisted beliefs and way of existence. The remarkable thing is that
they think
they are the good guys and everyone else is evil.

"We're going to get criticized for being an imperial power anyway, so you might
as well
make sure that the good guys win." - Bill Kristol.

Now whether there are two warring factions of the New World Order in the 21st
Century is
something to be considered. Many believe that the Anglo-American Neocon
Globalist
vision differs from the older European vision for a new world order which is
one of more
incremental steps and an evolving globe of Nations under the control of a world
government. This is sometimes referred to rather loosely in many cases as Neo-
Liberalism.

In any case both visions are thinking beyond America or even sovereign state
systems.
They simply have to work within state systems to begin with because that is the
way the
world has evolved. Both visions overlap in various places and yes they do have
their spats,
but the overlords, the higher uppers, the Global Mafia as it were, the elite
bankers and the
policy foundations, those who finance the power structures, do so with
ultimately the
same goal in mind, they simply sometimes argue over how to get it done.

This becomes even more evident when you research deeper into the roots of
Neoconservatives like Irving Kristol and James Burnham who were both strong
admirers of
Leon Trotsky. The Internationalist movement under Trotsky is often thought to
be at the
opposite end of the political scale to Neoconservativism, but when you expose
the left/
right political scale as a falsity, a cover for a higher elite level of
globalism, the walls come
crumbling down.

The Trotsky / Neocon links are further exposed in a 2003 National Post article
entitled
Trotsky's ghost wandering the White House. There is no doubt that the links
exist, and
furthermore they highlight the false left right paradigm by showing that so
called
Trotskyites can just as easily switch to Neoconservativism should the moment in
world
politics be right. They will use whichever end of the scale they believe is
more likely to
help them advance their quest for power.

As quoted in the afore mentioned article, Researcher Christopher Phelps rightly
points out,
that the circuitous route from Trotsky to Bush is "more a matter of rupture and
abandonment of the left than continuity."

Of course, the rise of the Neocon cabal and the trashing of the constitution
has not come
without overarching help along the way from a gigantic propaganda machine.
Their has
arisen a faction of media Neocons who are now also knowingly or unknowingly
following
the Straussian philosophical vision.

The Murdoch empire is a nice little Goebbels factory that attempts to churn out
the same
rhetoric as the Neocons until the general public actually believe it to be
reality. Fox "News"
is not actually news, it is Opinion on the world. This New York Times Article
hits the nail
on the head when writer Ron Suskind relates an encounter he had with a senior
Bush aide
in 2004:

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based
community," which
he defined as people who "believe that solutions emerge from your judicious
study of
discernible reality." I nodded and murmured something about enlightenment
principles
and empiricism. He cut me off. "That's not the way the world really works
anymore," he
continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality.
And while
you're studying that reality - judiciously, as you will - we'll act again,
creating other new
realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're
history's
actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

Creating false realities that fit the power structure's preconceived agenda is
completely
Straussian. The bad news for us is it's also completely Orwellian. In Nineteen
Eighty Four
George Orwell warned us of where this would lead if we allowed it to happen -
and we
know it's not pretty.

As Bush has been told (and has repeated) "You Have To Keep Repeating Things To
Catapult The Propaganda" In other words, if you throw enough BS, some of it is
going to
stick, and that's what Mr Murdooch's job is.

Of course there are then the Murdoch underlings and wannabe's who are also
useful
Neocon mouthpieces. Limbaugh, Hannity and O'reilly like to tell people to shut
up and
accept that torture is no big deal and war based on lies is acceptable if it is
for the good of
America.

Bill Kristol gets to go on Fox and tell us what's really going on everyday,
whilst Ann
Coulter likes to call For North Korea To Be "Nuked For Fun,".

And then you have Clear Channel who own the voting machines and put up giant
Billboards telling us that George W Bush is "OUR LEADER".

But after all, what's the big deal about Bush trashing the Constitution? Fox
News didn't
report it, that means it didn't happen, doesn't it?

Besides, I thought that if you defend the Constitution, you were now considered
terrorist? That's what this FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force brochure says
anyway. Defenders
of the US Constitution and the common law from which it grew are being
classified on the
same level as Nazis and the KKK.

Therefore George Bush was right to say "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!",
otherwise
he's a terrorist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear President Bush; about that "goddamned piece of paper."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a
goddamned
piece of paper!"

Let us start out with the fact that the Constitution is actually written on
parchment, not
paper. A trivial point, I grant you, but one that reveals (along with your
inability to
correctly pronounce the word "nuclear") a shocking lack of education in a head
of state.
But to get to the point, the Constitution is not the parchment itself, but the
ideas written
upon it; ideas which form the foundations of our nation, ideas which would
carry equal
weight if written on stone, glass, metal, or even paper. These ideas are the
soul of the
nation. They include the recognition that the people of this nation have
certain rights,
rights which the government does not have the authority to remove. These rights
include
freedom of speech, to say what we think about the nation at any and all times,
to write
that opinion down and share it however we choose to. These rights include the
freedom to
worship as we choose, free from coercion. These rights include the right to
privacy, in our
homes and businesses, free from government intrusions other than in very
specific and
well-defined circumstances.

Maybe those rights are inconvenient to you, as such rights are always
inconvenient to
tyrants, but you are not allowed the choice which rights you will abide by or
not. That too
is spelled out explicitly in the Constitution.

The Constitution isn't just a piece of paper or parchment. It's a contract; the
original
contract with America. It's the contract you yourself swore an oath to
preserve, protect,
and defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic. You attached your
name to
that promise. You swore that oath before a judge of the United States Supreme
Court, with
your hand on a bible. That isn't just scenery for the cameras. Swearing an oath
before a
judge carries legal obligations with that oath, and legal penalties for
breaking that oath.

The election process by which you claim authority is defined in that
Constitution. And as
you claim authority by Constitutional process, so too are you limited by
Constitutional
process. If you act outside the limits of the Constitution, you are no longer
acting as the
President, but as a private citizen abusing the powers with which you were
trusted. A
government that acts outside the Constitution ceases to be the legal government
of this
land.

The Constitution exists not only to tell the government what it may do, but
more
importantly what it may not do. You, as the President, are not allowed to
declare wars
without the US Congress. You, the President, are not allowed to seize people at
random
and send them off to be tortured. And most of all, you, the President, and not
allowed to
lie to the people and to the Congress.

Every President before you, including your father, swore that oath to preserve,
protect, and
defend that Constitution. Millions of Americans died in wars in the firm belief
that the
form of government describes on that parchment was worth such a sacrifice. To
state that
the Constitution is just a "dammed piece of paper" is a slap in the face of
every American
who ever donned the uniform of the military forces of this country.

Go over to Arlington National Cemetery. It's not that far from where you live.
Look at those
tombstones. By your statement, you have written across and every one the words,
"Died
for a goddamned piece of paper."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MORE THAN A 'PIECE OF PAPER'!

By Geoff Metcalf
December 13, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything…"

Aaron Tippet and Buddy Brock wrote a song titled `You've Got To Stand
for Something'. The warning to the lyric notes "or you'll fall for
anything."

I often say, "It's not a question of WHO is right or wrong but WHAT
is right or wrong that matters."

Different people have difference guidelines for determining what is
`right'.

In this polarized/acrimonious/perpetual contact sport between left
and right, liberal and conservative, democrat and republican,
(demonstrated by Ann Coulters and Al Frankens), so much emphasis is
put on sizzle, we rarely get to sink our teeth into the steak.

It was disconcerting to read Doug Thompson's recent rant in Capitol
Hill Blue in which he claims President Bush diminished and
marginalized the Constitution. Thompson reportedly talked to three
people who were in a meeting in which the President of the United
States called the Constitution just "a goddamned piece of paper."

No, Mr. President, blasphemy notwithstanding, the Constitution is
much more. The constitution is the essence of what America is, and
for many, a yardstick for measuring what is right.

 From military recruits to congress critters to Supreme Court
justices to the President of the United States, all take an oath in
which they solemnly swear to "uphold and defend the Constitution of
the United States."

It is beyond hypocritical for someone to swear, "to preserve and
protect the constitution against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic"
and subsequently focuses on undermining, mitigating, or abrogating
the very document to which they have sworn protection…in effect
becoming a domestic enemy.

Debate continues if those so engaged are guilty of fraud, perjury or
treason.

Since 9/11 there has been a lot of `talk' about patriotism. It has
been implied that to resist what the administration wants to do is
`unpatriotic'. What was it Mark Twain said about "Patriotism is
usually the refuge of the scoundrel."? I don't think/hope Twain meant
everyone who embraces patriotism is a scoundrel but it becomes a
challenge to differentiate between true patriots and politicians
intent on using it as a tool to further a personal (unconstitutional)
agenda.

By the way, any effort to undermine the Constitution from beneath a
mantel of `patriotism' is oxymoronic.

Teddy Roosevelt said, "Patriotism means to stand by the country. It
does NOT mean to stand by the President or any other public official
save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country.
It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the
country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that
by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the
country."

I admire President Bush for a variety of reasons…however; I am not a
GOP sycophant who will defend the indefensible because of a myopic
`us verses them' group think.

According to `Capitol Hill Blue' when confronted with facts that
contradicted his preconceived opinions, Bush said, "I'm the President
and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

When an aide (as reported by Thompson) said, "Mr. President, there is
a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the
Constitution." Bush blew up and screamed, "Stop throwing the
Constitution in my face, it's just a goddamned piece of paper!"

No, Mr. President we won't stop throwing the Constitution in your
face. You put your hand on a Bible and swore to defend that `piece of
paper'.

The reason famous conservatives like Phyllis Schafly and Bob Barr
have joined with the American Civil Liberties Union to oppose overly
ambitious plans for renewing the USA Patriot Act is THEY stand for
something…and won't fall for anything dictated by an imperious `Do it
MY way' leader.

The USA Patriot Act is a sticky wicket and smarter folks than me are
tasked with solving the challenges.

Is the Patriot Act a valuable tool for intel operators fighting the
war on terror?
* You damnbetcha!
Is it potentially dangerous?
* Absolutely!
Does it represent a significant threat to God given, inalienable
Constitutional rights?
* Duh?!?
Ben Franklin said, "They who would give up an essential liberty for
temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
* The Patriot Act personifies that admonition.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence closed the document by
affirming, "with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine
Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes
and our sacred honor."

The Declaration, The Constitution, and the Bill of Rights are more,
much more than mere `piece(s) of paper.'

Ron

http://us.click.yahoo.com/U6CDDD/izNLAA/cUmLAA/vseplB/TM