Мифы об индивидуализме: "Myths of Individualism"

ny1.jpg

Some years ago I wrote an essay on “Myths of Individualism” to rebut various bizarre claims about what individualism means and what those who embrace individualism believe. It’s now available in Russian.

Posted by Tom Palmer at 10:43 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 14, 2005

Watching the Iraqi Elections

My simple prediction: a significant increase in the share of the vote for the secular parties, notably Ayad Allawi’s Iraqi National List. Coverage from on the ground will be available at Iraq the Model, whose writers I had the pleasure of meeting in Baghdad.

Posted by Tom Palmer at 11:26 PM | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

December 13, 2005

Torture and the Law

I met a really impressive law professor (Amos Guiora, a professor of law at Case Western Reserve and Director of the Institute for Global Security Law and Policy who was a Judge Advocate General of the Israeli Defense Force) at a conference on law this year. He’s just sent me a document that should be taken seriously by anyone who’s been following the debate on U.S. policy on treatment of detainees and prisoner: The Cleveland Principles of International Law on the Detention and Treatment of Persons in Connection with “The Global War on Terror.”

Posted by Tom Palmer at 12:28 AM | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS