From: Eco Man <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jan 27, 2006 10:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cia-drugs] Kubby sick without treatment. Redwood City jail. Medi-pot patient.

eco2man
veteran
**

Reged: Nov 29 2000
Loc: Amerika, land of the Free? Ha! 2.3 million "free" inmates. 25% of world's prisoners!
Kubby sick without treatment. Redwood City jail.
      #1203672 - Fri Jan 27 2006 02:15 AM

Several articles below. More are found with this Google News search shortcut:
http://news.google.com/news?q=steve+kubby
Put quotes around "steve kubby" to narrow the results.

There is an article just out from Pravda in Russia too:

Failed pot refugee comes back from Canada to face United States bonds.
http://newsfromrussia.com/world/2006/01/27/71920.html

-------------

-----SanFranciscoSentinel.com article begins-----
web page

Jailed medical marijuana advocate said sick without treatment in Redwood City jail.

January 26, 2005, 11:45 p.m.

Bay City News contributed to this report

REDWOOD CITY - A medical marijuana advocate arrested as he disembarked a Canadian flight at San Francisco International Airport tonight became ill in a Redwood City jail due to lack of medication, according to a spokesman for NORML.

Steve Kubby, a cancer patient, began coming ill two hours after his 8:10 p.m. arrest following police refusal to provide Marinol, NORML spokesman D. Gieringer reported.

San Francisco Police Officer George Swartz said Steve Kubby was taken into custody around 8:10 p.m. by San Francisco police.

Swartz said Kubby, who had been deported from Canada, was arrested on a no-bail warrant and was booked into San Mateo County jail.

"I'm really sick already," Kubby told Gieringer by telephone said from jail. "I'm gonna start puking my brains out."

"He says his guards laughed at him when he requested Marinol. Kubby says he hasn't had marijuana for half a day and has begun to experience all of the symptoms of his life-threatening disease -- nausea, headaches, swollen kidneys. He has chills and has not been able to get a blanket from the guards," Gieringer stated.

San Francisco airport police said that they had arrested him at the request of Placer County authorities. They said Kubby will be arraigned in court tomorrow morning, though it wasn't clear where -- in Redwood City, where he is being detained, or in Placer County.

-----end--------

------------------

----San Francisco Chronicle article begins----
web page

Pot advocate arrested at SFO after arriving from Canada

Chronicle Staff Report

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Marijuana advocate and former gubernatorial candidate Steve Kubby, a fugitive for several years, was arrested at San Francisco International Airport on Thursday night on a plane that arrived from Canada, San Francisco police said.

Kubby co-authored "Why Marijuana Should Be Legal" with marijuana advocate Ed Rosenthal and in 1998 was the Libertarian Party candidate for governor.

According to the New York Times, Kubby fled California in 2001 after police found 265 marijuana plants in his Squaw Valley home. He was sentenced to four months of house arrest and probation -- and fearing it would lead to an eventual prison term in which he would be unable to use medical marijuana to treat adrenal cancer, he fled to Canada.

San Francisco police said he was arrested on a no bail warrant for fleeing the U.S. He was arrested at 8:10 p.m. at SFO following his deportation from Canada.

-----end-----

------------------

-----Bay City News article begins----
web page

MEDICAL MARIJUANA ADVOCATE ARRESTED AT SFO

January 26, 2006, 11:00 p.m.

SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (BCN) - A medical marijuana advocate was arrested tonight at San Francisco International Airport as he disembarked from his flight from Canada, according to San Francisco police.

Police Officer George Swartz said Steve Kubby was taken into custody around 8:10 p.m. by San Francisco police.

Swartz said Kubby, who had been deported from Canada, was arrested on a no-bail warrant and was booked into San Mateo County jail.

Copy this!:

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator   Email Post