The Unslammed Phone - MAUREEN DOWD - Path to 9/11; Waiting for Al Qaeda - JOHN TIERNEY +
By  MAUREEN DOWD, JOHN TIERNEY - New York Times - Saturday, Sep. 09, 2006
- Dowd: Unslammed Phone - Why do presidents and filmmakers dealing with the most stunning events in recent American history feel the need to go beyond facts? - PLUS: Who funded $40m 'slanderous' 9/11 docudrama asks DNC Chair Howard Dean. - PLUS: Tierney: Terror Industry - The terrorist threat is still small — it’s the terrorism industry that got bigger and more

OP-ED COLUMNIST
The Unslammed Phone
By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: September 9, 2006

Sandy Berger is lucky they didn’t show him stuffing government documents into his bra.

After all, cinematic license is cinematic license.

Regarding ABC’s tarted-up 9/11 movie that sparked a furor among Clintonites who felt they were unfairly blamed for the rise of Osama, I hate to be so quaint as to defend reality. There’s not much point. It’s as dead as dial-up.

In Hollywood, reality comes with quotation marks around it, as in fixed and scripted “reality” shows. In New York, hybrids of fiction and nonfiction are lavishly rewarded; publishers want the reality part to sell the fiction part and the fiction part to enhance the reality part. In Washington, the Bush team is on a cynical and dangerous new pre-election push to present its fantasies about Iraq as reality, accusing reality-based critics of “moral or intellectual confusion,” as Rummy put it.
Continued
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/12182766.html

Who funded $40m 'slanderous' 9/11 docudrama asks DNC Chair Howard Dean. For the answer:
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/12182252.html

Waiting for Al Qaeda - JOHN TIERNEY - Terror Threat Small - Terror Industry Huge

OP-ED COLUMNIST
Waiting for Al Qaeda
By JOHN TIERNEY

Published: September 9, 2006

John Mueller has an awkward question for those of us in the terrorism industry, which is his term for the journalists, politicians, bureaucrats and assorted “risk entrepreneurs” who have alarmed America about terrorism.

For five years, we’ve been telling Americans that Sept. 11 changed everything. “It will always be a defining moment in our history,” President Bush says in this year’s Patriot Day proclamation.

We declared it a harbinger of a new clash of civilizations, a global ideological struggle — World War III, in Newt Gingrich’s words.

We reported intelligence estimates of thousands of Al Qaeda terrorists and supporters in “sleeper cells” in America.
Continued:
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/12181851.html

And More on Today's Newswire
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/2006/09/09/

MARC PARENT

CRIMES AND CORRUPTIONS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER NEWS
http://mparent7777.livejournal.com/ Homepage
http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/14409 Archived
http://www.dailykos.com/user/ccnwon Archived

All new Yahoo! Mail
Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. __._,_.___

Independent broker dealer Independent director Central intelligence agency
Central intelligence agency employment