http://narcosphere.narconews.com/story/2007/3/26/205547/411

Emails link Johnny "House of Death" Sutton to DOJ firing scandal
By Bill Conroy,
Posted on Mon Mar 26th, 2007 at 08:55:47 PM EST

The U.S. Attorney who spearheaded a cover-up of a U.S. government informant's
role in the House of Death mass murder also appears to have played a leadership
role in the recent U.S. Attorney firing scandal.
That U.S. Attorney, Johnny Sutton, is the lead federal prosecutor for the
Western District of Texas (based in San Antonio) and serves as chairman of the
Attorney General's Advisory Committee of U.S. Attorneys (AGAC), which has major
influence in developing Department of Justice (DOJ) policies.

It is in the context of that latter role that Sutton's name shows up in some of
the e-mails turned over to Congress to date by DOJ concerning the Bush
administration's controversial move to fire eight U.S. Attorneys (USAs) -
allegedly, according to some critics, in retaliation for their failure to
pursue prosecutorial strategies deemed to be in the administration's political
interests.

According to the emails, it is clear Sutton was in the loop on the firings. How
big a role he played, if any, in initiating or orchestrating those terminations
behind the scenes is not clear from the electronic missives. But given his
favored status within the Bush administration, and his long-time ties to
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and to President Bush, it seems that someone
in Congress should be asking that question.
After all, Sutton has already been exposed as an individual willing to use his
political pull within the Bush administration to silence and retaliate against
a DEA whistleblower who sought to expose the U.S. government's complicity in
mass murder in Juárez, Mexico, and its role in nearly causing the death of a
DEA agent and his family in that same city - another obviously embarrassing
political scandal for the Bush White House.

You can find the DOJ documents on the Web site of the U.S. House Committee on
the Judiciary.

Following is the string of emails where Sutton's name (bolded, along with email
dates, for emphasis) surfaces, based on an initial examination of the DOJ
documents.