Thu, 7 Feb 2008 05:54:42 -0800
From: "Quechick Barnyard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Howard Dean
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:01:04 -0500
To: "quechick007 barnyard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "Howard Dean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: How we'll beat John McCain

 Dear quechick007,
Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney are done. John McCain will be the Republican
nominee -- he's the only one with a reasonable path to the nomination.
So how do we beat him? We stand up -- right now -- start fighting, and show the
American people that he's not who they think he is.
We can't wait for Hillary or Barack to win the nomination. Now that the
Republicans have a candidate, the dollars are starting to pour in from special
interests who will do anything to beat the Democratic nominee. They're just
waiting for us to decide so they can start smearing.
Here's what U.S. News and World Report recently reported about how the RNC is
getting ready...
[RNC Chairman Mike] Duncan and his aides want to be ready to go on the
offensive against the Democratic nominee presumptive in an effort to define the
opposition candidate on GOP terms. Opposition research is already well along,
and the plan is for surrogates to talk to the media around the country while a
TV ad campaign in key states and media markets as soon as the Democratic
nominee is determined.
We must be ready to fight back, and fight back hard, today.
Now that we know our opponent, it's time to build a national effort on the
programs you and I have worked so hard to create over the last four years -
from our cutting-edge technology to our voter protection programs, it's time to
shift gears.
I need you to contribute $25, $50, or $100 to help us fight John McCain right
now:
http://www.democrats.org/FightMcCain
John McCain is a media darling, but don't trust his carefully-crafted image -
he's worked for years to brand himself. From Iraq to health care, Social
Security to special interest tax cuts to ethics, he's promising nothing more
than a third Bush term.
After championing campaign finance reform and ethics legislation to score
political points, he now has a staggering amount of lobbyists involved in every
aspect of his campaign. In fact, two of the top three sources for John McCain's
campaign cash are D.C. lobbying firms, and he looked the other way as Jack
Abramoff bought and paid for the Republican Party and the Culture of Corruption.
On immigration reform, he's run as far to the right as he can, aligning himself
with the most extreme elements of the Republican Party.
On the war, McCain scoffed at Bush's call to leave troops in Iraq for 50 years,
saying "Make it a hundred!"
On a woman's right to choose, McCain has vowed to appoint judges who would
overturn Roe v. Wade.
On the economy, one of the issues that the American people care most about,
McCain has said: "I know a lot less about economics than I do about military
and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."
We can't afford four more years with a President who drives the economy into
the ground. We can't afford four more years with a President who fights an
endless war in Iraq. We can't afford four more years with a President who gives
tax cuts to companies who ship jobs overseas; with a President who can't get
every American the health care they deserve; with a President we just can't
trust.
I don't just want to beat John McCain - I want it to be a landslide. If you're
as committed as I am, I need you to make a contribution today:
http://www.democrats.org/FightMcCain
Only the Democratic Party is legally allowed to spend unlimited amounts of
money to back our nominee and tell the real story about John McCain. We proved
that our strategy worked in 2006, and it will work again this fall.
Help us today:
http://www.democrats.org/FightMcCain
Let's get going,

Paid for and authorized by the Democratic National Committee,
www.democrats.org.
This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
Democratic National Committee, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC 20003

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic National Committee are not deductible
as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
Click here to unsubscribe from this mailing list.
DNC, 430 S. Capitol St. SE, Washington DC 20003

  13 Feb 2008 16:10:41 -0800