Washington Post OpEd Page Features a White Pride Columnist Now Arguing
Democrats Are Girly Men

                       Salon

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Glenn Greenwald

Saturday May 17, 2008

High Standards at the Washington Post Op-Ed page

(updated below)

Last week, The Financial Times highlighted some of the ugly sentiment in West
Virginia against Barack Obama, including comments such as "I heard that Obama
is a Muslim and his wife's an atheist." The article reported that "several
people said they believed he was a Muslim." It ended by quoting West Virginian
Josh Fry as saying "he would feel more comfortable with Mr. McCain" than Obama
because: "I want someone who is a full-blooded American as president."

In one of the most repellent columns one will ever read, syndicated columnist
Kathleen Parker defended Fry's claim that Obama is something other than "a
full-blooded American." Advancing an argument that Atrios guest blogger aimai
aptly described as "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer!," Parker said "we now have
a patriot divide" in America that "has nothing to do with a flag lapel pin . .
. or even military service." Instead:

It's about blood equity, heritage and commitment to hard-won American values.
And roots.

Some run deeper than others and therein lies the truth of Josh Fry's political
sense. In a country that is rapidly changing demographically -- and where new
neighbors may have arrived last year, not last century -- there is a very real
sense that once-upon-a-time America is getting lost in the dash to diversity.

We love to boast that we are a nation of immigrants — and we are. But there's a
different sense of America among those who trace their bloodlines back through
generations of sacrifice.

--MORE--

 Tags: democrats, nazism, racism, washington postLink to full article:
http://mparent7777-1.livejournal.com/181559.html

                                            MARC PARENT, mparent7777, mparent,
ccnwon
CRIMES AND CORRUPTIONS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER NEWS
http://mparent7777-1.livejournal.com/
http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/blog/38

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!
Answers.