The Army's Totally Serious Mind-Control Project  By Mark Thompson /
Washington 9/14/08 Soldiers barking orders at each other is so 20th Century.
That's
why the U.S. Army has just awarded a $4 million contract to begin  developing
"thought helmets" that would harness silent brain waves for secure
communication among troops. Ultimately, the Army hopes the project will "lead
to  direct
mental control of military systems by thought alone." ....But  improvements in
computing power and a better understanding of how the brain  works have
scientists busy hunting for the distinctive neural fingerprints that  flash
through
a brain when a person is talking to himself. The Army's initial  goal is to
capture those brain waves with incredibly sophisticated software that  then
translates the waves into audible radio messages for other troops in the
field.
"It'd be radio without a microphone, " says Dr. Elmar Schmeisser, the  Army
neuroscientist overseeing the program. "Because soldiers are already  trained
talk in clean, clear and formulaic ways, it would be a very small  step to
have them think that way." ....Dr. Mike D'Zmura of UC-Irvine, the lead
scientist on the project, says his task is akin to finding the right strands on
plate full of pasta. "You need to pick out the relevant pieces of spaghetti,"
he
says, "and sometimes they have to be torn apart and re-attached to others."
But with ever-increasing computing power the task can be done in real time, he
 says. Users also will have to be trained to think loudly. "How do we get a
person to think something to themselves in a way that leaves a very strong
signal in EEGs that we can read off against the background noise?" D'Zmura
asks.
 Finally, because every person's EEG is different, persons using "thought
helmets" will have to be trained so that computers intercepting their unspoken
commands recognize each user's unique mental pattern.
_http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1841108,00.html?imw=Y_
(http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1841108,00.html?imw=Y)

warning - describes graphic crimes of abuse Knifed 666 times each and eaten
- By Lynsey Haywood  9/16/08 Horrified cops found body parts dumped in a  pit
beside an upside-down cross, a symbol used in Satanic worship....The
discovery in Yaroslavl, 300 miles from Moscow, sent a shudder across Russia —
where
Satanists are feared to have committed a string of mutilations and  killings.
The victims, who all disappeared in June, were named as Anya  Gorokhova, Olga
Pukhova, Varya Kuzmina and Andrei Sorokin.  The upside-down  cross marking what
was left of their bones and scalps had a small animal nailed  to it.  Police
began tracing the gang after finding out that all the  victims had made phone
calls to alleged leader Nikolai Ogolobyak.  Locals  said they all knew
Ogolobyak, whose grandmother revealed he had sung in the  local church choir as
boy.  The rest of the cult were described by  ex-teachers as having been of low
intelligence and moody at school.  Three  were named by police as Ksenia
Kuznetsova, Alexander Voronov and Anton Makovkin.  The dad of victim Andrei
said: “
My son said he had Goths and Satanists among his  friends.  “I wasn’t scared.
I thought, ‘Well, let him spend his time  sitting around a cemetery — there’s
not much harm in that, is there?’" Russia  has seen a series of gruesome
murders, rapes and desecrations linked to Satanic  cults.
_http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1692637.ece_
(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1692637.ece)