By "truce", do you mean the several days when the troops crossed No
Man's Land and fraternized, at Christmas probably, and expected that
the war could not restart?

A few weeks ago I re-read my grandmother's brother's book, looked at
his photos, from the front line in WW1. He was really fried but held
it together magnificently. Another pastime of kings. A general spoke
of the US Civil War as "the pageant is (finally!) over".

Rather than fraternize with the enemy, toward the end of the Swedish
experience with stupid kings' pageants, the Finnish draftees protested
in a new way. They chased down and slaughtered all the professional
soldiers on the other side. Something got through to the Swedish about
stupid king's wars about that time and they have not bothered the
world since, but the oligarchy came back with another pendulum swing.
The Bernays types leveraged what the Finns did into idealogical war.
Later the Rand thinktank came up with a tool to get people to
fight,"Use religion". Religion, beyond idealogy, nuclear ideology. Now
we have neocon neolib economic theory become religion, taking us all
the way to a belief that the love of money is the root of all GOOD. We
already had Orwell, killing to save, and now we kills to save from
"unregulated sympathy". We also kill to save OURSELVES from
"unregulated sympathy", like an exercise in scientologist exorcism.
Unregulated sympathy would be treason against Darwin, and it is Darwin
and Plato who are enthroned by the neocon belief that the love of
money is the root of all evil. Therefore, we must purge ourselves of
unregulated sympathy by our zeal in purging others of unapproved
sympathy. If we baptize others with white phosphorus, there exists the
hope that we may not need whiskey pete to take unregulated sympathy
out of souls. Those we baptize with white phosphorus will not have a
lot of unregulated sympathy for us, one supposes, and that too, might
serve Darwin to suppress any counter to the love of money, root of all
GOOD.

-Bob

--- In cia-drugs@yahoogroups.com, Bob Donatelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bernays was the architect of the Creel Commission---which got the
USA into WW1 just as a truce was underway.

> The Creel Commission was a PR group that worked up the American
people to hate Germans---so that they would be willing to go to
war---which they did---and the devastating defeat of Germany with the
subsequent Treaty of Versailles crushed Germany so severely that it
paved the road for Hitler.

> So we can thank Bernays for creating Hitler.

nephew, Edward Bernays. Bernays invented the public relations
profession in the 1920s and was the first person to take Freud's ideas
to manipulate the masses. He showed American corporations how they
could make people want things they didn't need by systematically
linking mass-produced goods to their unconscious desires.

> Bernays was one of the main architects of the modern techniques of
mass-consumer persuasion, using every trick in the book, from
celebrity endorsement and outrageous PR stunts, to eroticising the
motorcar.

> His most notorious coup was breaking the taboo on women smoking by
persuading them that cigarettes were a symbol of independence and
freedom. But Bernays was convinced that this was more than just a way
of selling consumer goods. It was a new political idea of how to
control the masses. By satisfying the inner irrational desires that
his uncle had identified, people could be made happy and thus docile.

> It was the start of the all-consuming self which has come to
dominate today's world.

> http://tracker. conspiracycentra l.net/torrents- details.php? id=1778
>
> The Century Of The Self - Part 2of4
> The Engineering of Consent
>
> The programme explores how those in power in post-war America used
Freud's ideas about the unconscious mind to try and control the masses.

> Politicians and planners came to believe Freud's underlying premise
- that deep within all human beings were dangerous and irrational
desires and fears. They were convinced that it was the unleashing of
these instincts that had led to the barbarism of Nazi Germany. To stop
it ever happening again they set out to find ways to control this
hidden enemy within the human mind.

> Sigmund Freud's daughter, Anna, and his nephew, Edward Bernays,
provided the centrepiece philosophy. The US government, big business,
and the CIA used their ideas to develop techniques to manage and
control the minds of the American people. But this was not a cynical
exercise in manipulation. Those in power believed that the only way to
make democracy work and create a stable society was to repress the
savage barbarism that lurked just under the surface of normal American
life.

> http://tracker. conspiracycentra l.net/torrents- details.php? id=1779
>
> The Century Of The Self - Part 3of4
> There is a Policeman Inside All Our Heads: He Must Be Destroyed
>
> In the 1960s, a radical group of psychotherapists challenged the
influence of Freudian ideas in America. They were inspired by the
ideas of Wilhelm Reich, a pupil of Freud's, who had turned against him
and was hated by the Freud family. He believed that the inner self did
not need to be repressed and controlled. It should be encouraged to
express itself.

> Out of this came a political movement that sought to create new
beings free of the psychological conformity that had been implanted in
people's minds by business and politics.

> This programme shows how this rapidly developed in America through
self-help movements like Werber Erhard's Erhard Seminar Training -
into the irresistible rise of the expressive self: the Me Generation.

> But the American corporations soon realised that this new self was
not a threat but their greatest opportunity. It was in their interest
to encourage people to feel they were unique individuals and then sell
them ways to express that individuality. To do this they turned to
techniques developed by Freudian psychoanalysts to read the inner
desires of the new self.

> http://tracker. conspiracycentra l.net/torrents- details.php? id=1780
>
> The Century Of The Self - Part 4of4
> Eight People Sipping Wine in Kettering
>
> This episode explains how politicians on the left, in both Britain
and America, turned to the techniques developed by business to read
and fulfil the inner desires of the self.

> Both New Labour, under Tony Blair, and the Democrats, led by Bill
Clinton, used the focus group, which had been invented by
psychoanalysts, in order to regain power. They set out to mould their
policies to people's inner desires and feelings, just as capitalism
had learnt to do with products.

> Out of this grew a new culture of public relations and marketing in
politics, business and journalism. One of its stars in Britain was
Matthew Freud who followed in the footsteps of his relation, Edward
Bernays, the inventor of public relations in the 1920s.

> The politicians believed they were creating a new and better form of
democracy, one that truly responded to the inner feelings of
individual. But what they didn't realise was that the aim of those who
had originally created these techniques had not been to liberate the
people but to develop a new way of controlling them.