Great news about media campaign, SB 1738 and Holly  Collins!

Dear Friends, Scroll to the end for great news about Holly  Collins.

1. SB 1738 the PROTECT Our Children Act  passed the Senate! _www.protect.org_
(http://www.protect.org/) . You  can call Senator Reid at (202) 224-3542 and
Senator Coburn at (202)  224-5754 to thank them for helping.

2. Dr. Joy Silberg,  Geraldo and Jennifer Collins appeared on the Mike and
Juliet Show  on Wed Sept 25!
_http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/parental-alienation-syndrome/_
(http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/parental-alienation-syndrome/)

3.   A protest was staged at Alec Baldwin's book signing at Barnes and Noble
in NY on Tuesday Sept 23 to let him and the public know the truth  about PAS:
it is a legal defense for child molesters and batterers.
_http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jp7rQ_fN4CYpznMTaIjiIaiadB0QD93CQ9H80_
(http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jp7rQ_fN4CYpznMTaIjiIaiadB0QD93CQ9H80) .
Many thanks to Tasha Amador,  Voices of Women, Leadership Council, and
Children's Protection  Alliance for this and other upcoming national media
events.
_www.childrensprotection.org_ (http://www.childrensprotection.org/) .

Even  the men's rights groups are disgusted with Baldwin's whining and
outbursts.
_http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/09/23/alec-baldwin-is-no-poster-boy-for-fathers-rights/_

(http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/09/23/alec-baldwin-is-no-poster-boy-for-fathers-rights/)

4.  Visit Stop Family Violence at
_http://capwiz.com/sfvo/issues/alert/?alertid=11955481&type=CU_
(http://capwiz.com/sfvo/issues/alert/?alertid=11955481&type=CU)   to  send a
free message to Mr. Bill Geddie, executive producer of The
View, urging  him to include experts on the program who can challenge Mr.
Baldwin’s propaganda  and provide information that will help keep women and
children safe. Last  year, ABC's  The View stooped to a real low - inviting
Alec
Baldwin to make excuses for his abusive phone call to his daughter  Ireland.
On Wednesday September 24, 2008 The View invited Alec  Baldwin back to promote
his book and the junk science abuse excuse of  Parental Alienation.

5. Holly Collins can come home at  last, thanks in large part to her amazing
daughter Jennifer's advocacy.   Jennifer spoke at the International Violence,
Training, and Abuse conference in  San Diego last week, and received a
Courageous Kid medal from CA Protective  Parents Association and The Leadership
Council. Holly's attorney brokered a plea  agreement.8,000 emails were sent to
the
Hennipen County DA through _www.stopfamilyviolence.org_
(http://www.stopfamilyviolence.org/)  and  were pivotal in this great outcome
for Holly and her
children.

Fugitive Mom Gets Probation in Old Custody  Dispute

Fugitive mom returns to US from Netherlands, gets probation in  old custody
dispute

By STEVE KARNOWSKI Associated  Press Writer
_http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=5871574_
(http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=5871574)

MINNEAPOLIS  September 23, 2008 (AP)

The Associated Press

A mother who  fled the country with her three children 14 years ago in a
dispute over custody  and domestic abuse allegations received probation and an
order to perform  community service when she went to court Tuesday.

Holly-Ann Collins, 43,  flew to Minneapolis from the Netherlands to plead
guilty to contempt of court  after her attorneys worked out a deal with federal
and local prosecutors to drop  felony charges.

She left the United States with her children in 1994, and  the Dutch
government granted her asylum. The family lived quietly in a town near
Amsterdam
until last year when U.S. authorities located them and tried  unsuccessfully to
bring her back.

Collins decided to come back because  her daughter, Jennifer, now 23, wanted
to work in Washington, D.C., as an  advocate for children caught in similar
circumstances, said Collins' attorney,  Tim Webb.

After her hearing, Collins said no mother should have to do  what she did
just to keep her children safe. She said she'd even recommend that  other
mothers
do the same.

"I should have left sooner," she said. "And  everyone has to make their own
decision, but the family court is not protecting  kids right now."

Jennifer Collins was at her mother's side.

"I  have a wonderful life," she said. "But I want to come home, and I
shouldn't not  be able to come home because of what my father has done to me."

Hennepin  County Attorney Mike Freeman said the children's father, Mark
Collins, was fine  with the plea agreement. Defending the deal, he said
prosecutors
had to decide  whether they could prove their case.

Holly-Ann and Mark Collins, who  divorced in 1990, were often in court over
custody and visitation rights,  trading allegations that he was abusive and
that she was an unfit parent. Mark  Collins had sole custody of Jennifer and
Zachary, now 28, when she fled with  them in 1994. She had custody of another
son
who was born after their  divorce.