Confessions of a Whistle-Blower: Lessons Learned by Anna C.  Salter

Published in: Ethics & Behavior, Volume 8, Issue 2 June 1998, pages 115-  124
Abstract : In 1988 I began a report on the accuracy of expert testimony in
child sexual abuse cases utilizing Ralph Underwager and Hollida Wakefield as a
case study (Wakefield & Underwager, 1988). In response, Underwager and
Wakefield began a campaign of harassment and intimidation, which included
multiple
lawsuits; an ethics charge; phony (and secretly taped) phone calls; and  ad
hominem attacks, including one that I was laundering federal grant monies.  The
harassment and intimidation failed as the author refused demands to retract.
In addition, the lawsuits and ethics charges were dismissed. Lessons learned
from the experience are discussed. ,DOI:10.1207/s15327019eb0802_2
_Http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a784402311~db=all_
(http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~content=a784402311~db=all)