From: Vicky Davis

      Last week on Book TV there was a program that has finally been posted for
viewing from the archives.   I'm pretty used to hearing lying liars telling
lies about the government, how it function and who is doing what, but the two
"stars" take the cake.

      Donald Kettl has apparently written a book about how government failed
and what to do about it.  Elaine Kamarack of Harvard is there as an "expert".
Both of these people were very influential - if not complicit in Al Gore's
"Reinvention of Government" that took place in the 1990's.

      If you are at all interested in hearing about the "new government" that
is now called the "old government"  because it was a dismal failure and how
Obama now has an opportunity to give us "new" new government, then you should
watch this program.

      The Next Government of the United States: Why Our Institutions Fail Us
and How to Fix Them

      http://www.booktv.org/watch.aspx?ProgramId=LW-10049

      I captured some pages on the USIA website (gone now) "Transformation of
Government website.  Make sure to look at both sponsors and links.   I had to
retrieve the pages from the Internet Archive but some of the links should still
work (except on the home page because that's an image capture).

http://www.channelingreality.com/New_Federalism/Transforming_Gov/reinvention_of_government.htm

      if the above link breaks, you can use this one:

      http://tinyurl.com/cbhtuh

      Other pages on the 'Reinvention of Government"
      http://www.channelingreality.com/New_Federalism/NewFedMain.htm

      http://www.channelingreality.com/The_Coup/The_Coup.htm